STRATA's Account Access portal's Security Center allows you to keep your information up to date. Learn how to change/reset forgotten passwords, update an email address, recover a username, and more.
Table of Contents
- User Profile Updates & Security Center
- Reset a Forgotten Password
- Change Password
- Update Email
- Recover Username
USER PROFILE UPDATES & SECURITY CENTER
Video Guide Overview
You may access your user profile and security information by clicking on the icon on the top-right corner of the welcome screen. The user profile will provide you with the following:
- Last Login Timestamp
- Access to My Profile & Security Center
- Log Out
Password Recovery Requirements
In order to reset a password, your security information will need to be completed. If you have not set this information up yet, then you will need to Connect with Client Services.
Click on Go to My Profile to access your security information. You may update the following information from this screen:
- Password recovery and email address
- Change/update password
- Security question & answer
- Security image
- Security phrase
RESETTING A FORGOTTEN PASSWORD
Video Guide Overview:
Step by Step Instructions:
Once your security profile is filled out you can manually reset your password anytime. You can log in to your account through our secure online account portal.
- Choose whether you are using a Private or Public machine.
- Click the “Forgot Password” link located within the Password section of the log-on page.
- You are then directed to the Reset Password screen, where you will enter your Username and click “Continue” to proceed.
- Next, please answer your user profile security question and click “Reset Password” to proceed.
- After the request has been submitted, an email containing a temporary password will be sent to the email address associated with your user profile.
- Return to the log-on page, select Private or Public machine, and enter your Username.
- Next, please copy and paste the temporary password or manually enter the temporary password and select “Log On” to continue.
- You will then be prompted to change your temporary password. Follow the instructions to enter your current temporary password, then select a new password. Click “Save Changes” to submit your password change request.
After the change has been submitted, an email confirming the password change will be sent to the email address associated with your user profile.
- Check Spam/Junk folders - If you are not seeing the confirmation emails please check your spam/junk email folder.
- Whitelist Instructions - You may also follow the instructions at the bottom of our Client Support page to make sure STRATA emails are not heading into your junk folders.
CHANGING YOUR PASSWORDLog in to your account through our secure online account portal.
- Click the down arrow on the User Profile icon, located in the top-right corner of the welcome screen, and select Go to My Profile.
- Click on the Change Password button located at the bottom of your profile screen.
- Follow the instructions to enter your current password and your new password, and click Save Changes to submit your password change request.
UPDATE YOUR EMAIL
Users may update their email address within the Security Center. This does not change the email address of record within STRATA's main system.
- To change your email with STRATA please submit the Address Change Request form.
- To update your email within the Security Center, click Edit Profile and then save your changes.
Video Guide Overview:
Step by Step Instructions:
For the recovery process, you will need the following:
- Access to the email inbox associated with your STRATA online
- Email address
- Account number
- Security question and answer
If you do not have this information to use for the process, please give our Client Services team a call at 866-928-9394, Monday - Friday from 8:00 am to 5:30 pm Central Time.
- Once you have accessed our website, you will click "Account Access" at the top right corner of the page. A pop-up will appear, and you'll click "Individual Investor" to begin.
- Please select the option "Forgot username".Input the email address associated with your portal account and the account number for your STRATA IRA.
- You will then be prompted to answer your pre-established security question. If you have not previously set up a security question, you will not be able to use the online recovery tool and will need to connect with Client Services. Enter your security answer and click "Recover username". You will receive an on-screen message indicating the username has been emailed to you.
- Access the email account associated with your IRA to retrieve your username. The username recovery email will be sent from Service@StrataTrust.com with “Recovered Username for Online Access” in the subject line. If you do not see the email in your inbox, please check your spam or junk folders to make sure it was not filtered into one of those locations.
- Return to the online portal login to access your online account. Click the "Log on" option located at the top right corner of our homepage and input your recovered Username.