Do I Need to Carry Liability Insurance on Property Held in My IRA?

If you choose to carry liability insurance on the property, the named insured must be STRATA Trust Company Custodian FBO (Account holder name) IRA (Account #), and the annual premium must be paid directly to the insurance company by your IRA. You cannot add the IRA property to your personal homeowner’s policy or list your IRA as an additional insured.